Monday, February 13, 2006

elements of plot 3 ...


all human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire - aristotle (384 bc – 7 march 322 bc !)



elements of plot in a narrative :

3. complication - obstacles which the main character has to overcome.

does what aristotle has to say have anything to do with the story ? ... must be. is there a compulsion ? ... yes. is there a complication ? ... yes. an obstacle the main charecter has to overcome ? ... yes. is woodpecker chopping the tree ? ... yes. is he chopping down the tree ? ... no. is there some sap involved ? yes and a no ... is he attracting something ? ... yes. is it confusing ? ... is it in·trigu·ing ? ... i dont know ! ...


9 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Okay, here is my guess:

He is trying to attract something OUT of the tree. Something has made a hole in the tree & is inside the tree & will destroy the tree possibly if left in there. So the man is trying to be careful of not hurting this creature but wants it to come out. Hmmm.....eagerly awaiting.....

Mabey it is a bat?

11:27 PM  
Blogger e2d said...

I would say our pal the woodepecker's actions may have everything to do with Aristotle's causes,except for.. maybe.."habit", although I believe there is enough weirdness in this world to include that too.lol!
Anyway ,all said---I remain confused!SO...whats Mr woodpecker upto?Looking forward to the answer in the next post---the suspense is killing me.Did I mention I have a weak heart?

12:49 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

OK... you've got me. I have no idea. I'll just wait til tomorrow. Hey! Is he getting rid of the bugs that the woodpecker is after??

8:55 AM  
Blogger MBrown said...

I haven't a clue! :)
A interesting series though, and I'll tune back in later to see what is going on.
You have me wondering now!!

8:13 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

hi patty, i can feel your eagerness and the definitive want to know. its coming out, but down in 7 steps ...

cheers ! pop-corn ? :)

10:00 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

e2d, habit ? can aristotle be right all the time ? ... yes (here), all of it ! confusion is the feed, for clarity to happen at the end. am sorry about the suspense killing you, without this murder theres no juice !?! a weak heart ? oh my ... this is just the treadmill !... :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

hi jill, you cant help solving it huh ? ... sorry, the story continues for you ... :)

take care !

10:08 PM  
Blogger wildpic said...

hello mbrown, good to see you for the short 7 frame movie !!! but runs for a week ! :)

please do come back for the unexpected dilema ...

cheers !

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home